An In Depth Guide to "TATENOKAWA"
Volume 10 takes a look at our staff training.
Volume 10 - TATENOKAWA, Inc.’s Staff Training
TATENOKAWA, Inc.’s Staff Training
Since April 2012, we have been putting a lot of energy into fermenting the TATENOKAWA, Inc. philosophy.
The word philosophy is lingua franca that refers to the corporate culture and philosophy of the company. Everyday, in morning roll call, staff recite the company mantra from a Credo Card that contains TATENOKAWA, Inc.’s corporate identity and mission; 3 visions: company, management, HR; and the separate philosophies of each department; therefore permeating the philosophy throughout the company.
The main aims of the philosophy and Credo Card are outlined below:
- New young recruits who have only been in the company for half a year are able to explain the TATENOKAWA, Inc. philosophy on an equal level with the CEO.
- Staff are able to police each other by examining each other’s work to make sure that they always working in accordance with the philosophy.
- Veteran staff take the lead and teach the philosophy to new recruits.
- People who go against or do not abide by the TATENOKAWA, Inc. philosophy are ejected. In other words, all staff are singing from the same song sheet.
A section from inside the Credo Card:
[TATENOKAWA, Inc.’s Corporate Philosophy]
TATENOKAWA, Inc. exists to develop each and every one of its employees as human beings and provide people all over the world with sake that has high added value to it.
TATENOKAWA, Inc. Mission:
"Creativity": of loyalty, of customers, of new markets
TATENOKAWA, Inc. Vision:
*Change with the times.
- Company vision: TATENOKAWA, Inc. - creating "modernity".
- Management vision: Create a positive customer experience by making products that they will enjoy.
- HR vision: Be a professional that makes the most of their skills in the company while respecting the feelings of others.
Development of Human Resources Through Manufacture
TATENOKAWA, Inc. has been making sake the traditional way by hand for almost 180 years. And will go on, to continue to grow and produce products that are loved for another 100 years by nurturing employees that grow together with the brewery. A company is a place where employees can grow, a place of self-fulfilment. We want to grow employees who see the company in a good way, as a field or opportunity where they exhibit their strengths freely in order to fulfil their dreams. The “TATENOKAWA” philosophy stems from that desire. In order to achieve the sort of quality improvement that would be expected of a “brewery that makes only Junmai Daiginjo” we will continue to make sake with a young workforce, with heart and soul and turn out employees that go on to play an active role in society.